CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Pro Football Hall of Fame: 2009 Finalist List

Out of respect for Michael Irvin's contributions to the game of football and the fact that he delivered one of the best Pro Football Fame of Fame speeches I've ever heard, I let up on voicing my politics regarding this selection process, but I have to draw the damn line with Charles Haley and Ray Guy.

First Ray Guy, can somebody tell me why there is a coveted award in college football bearing this great punter's name, but Ray Guy is not in the Pro Football Hall of Fame? I watched Ray Guy play as a child, and I can tell you that in his day, Ray Guy was the truth. Go Raiders! Raise hell about this candidate. He is very worthy.

Last but certainly not least, Charles Haley (Alpha Man-Skee-Phi!) is the only man I know with 5 Super Bowl Rings and at least 5 Pro Bowl appearances. Since football is a game that starts at the line, why is it that we have issues making sure that lineman are given their just due. Remember, defense wins championships on both sides of the ball. While Joe Montana and Troy Aikman were great quarterbacks. In order to be a great quarterback, you need an offensive line protecting you and the defensive to handle their business when it is their turn on the field. Both Dallas and the 49ers had such players and Charles Haley was among them.

P.S. Go Richard Dent! I love you equally. Can somebody help me find Cris Carter's SuperBowl rings.

0 comments: