CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hard act to follow

Last week I read on the Internet that Deion Sander’s former wife or her family is accusing Deion of stealing his children’s money. Firstly, I happen to really like Deion Sanders. Not that his past is not festively filled with incident after incident I’m sure he looks back on not without some shame. Remember the time Deion poured ice on the man in the locker room to cool him down, and the time he… Well no matter, this commentary has a Deion Sanders slant.

Let me just tell you what I think. Besides coming in a strong fourth on my all time DB list with Ronnie Lott leading the way followed by “The Assassin” Jack Tatum and Mel Blount, ladies some men are hard acts to follow and Deion Sanders is one of them. His former wife just as we all has truly witnessed a transformation, on his part, for the better. Sometimes, as unfortunate as it is, the second wife gets the better man. I truly do not wish to make light of this subject because it is serious, but what is even more serious is the fact that the African-American men are constantly looking over their shoulders and in most cases with good reason in America. From my vantage point, Mr. Sanders does not appear to be the type man you can’t talk to over a cup of coffee. In the future, I would hope if not for the children’s sake that an issue such as this be kept private.

As for the former Mrs. Sanders, Deion was incapable of loving anyone at that time in his life because he didn’t love himself. I hope that you too will make a new life with someone who can reciprocate that mutual feeling of love because all women who want that deserve it. As he (God) would have it, it was not meant to be with “Prime Time.”

Remember, living well is the best revenge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the wifey is right this time

Anonymous said...

Given what we know about Deion's past, I think he spent the money on getting high and chasing women. The wifey did not have access to the funds. Only he did. What does that tell you?