CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

"Chalk it up to no class"



For a long time, people have been making the comparison between LaBron James and Michael Jordan. Well, that comparison was not made more clear than last night. Remember when the Detroit Pistons beat the Chicago Bulls, and remember how Michael Jordan acted? Last night LaBron James acted in that similar classless fashion by not talking to the media, shaking hands and congratulating the winning team (Orlando Magic). LaBron has never been camera shy before. I guess we can "chalk" this behavior up to being a sore loser and classless. If we have more of this to look forward to from the "King", the question then becomes, "how is this sportsman like?" How can we justify calling him a winner, and more importantly, what do we tell the kids?

I was always told to never count my chickens before they are hatched. The NBA Commissioner, the City of Cleveland and all you other LaBron James fans should have learned this same lesson. So, I say to all of you this morning, go ahead and pay off your bets because I am definitely going to get my money this morning, not to mention talk big shit in the process, cry on your pillows, and for goodness sake, get rid of those ugly muppets that look neither like Kobe (The Truth) or LaBron (Sore LOSER).

Lastly if I may shed some light on this lose by the Cavs to the season the Pistons had when they lose to the Spurs in the NBA Finals. I remembered Chauncy Billups saying that they played hard all year long for home court advantage throughout, swept through the playoffs, and by the time they got to the Spurs in the finals, they were just exhausted. Now, if a complete team, at the time, like the Pistons got exhausted in the finals, what in the heck did you guys think would happen to the one man show? I saw how exhausted LaBron James looked last night. He couldn't give anymore because he had carried that team the entire season. the NBA is a "team sport starting with the center position." One man can no longer do it alone than Fred Astaire could dance the Waltz without Ginger Rogers.

I didn't get the NBA Finals I wanted. I thought Denver was a much better team and should have won. I also think the Denver coach should be fired. Remember the Dallas Mavericks fired Avery Johnson, and he lost the finals. Carl has had a great team for some years now that has underachieved. Not all of this is his fault entirely; however, we are a society that honors, respects and reveres leadership. Carl is ultimately responsible for this fiasco. On the other hand, I would like to see Kobe win won without Shaq. Shaq was classless last year with his rap rendition of how Kobe still needed him or couldn't win one without him. I get confused with the silly bullshit of NBA players sometimes.

As I stated, the NBA is a team sport beginning with the center spot. Every great team has had one and Orlando is no exception. I plan to watch every game because I am a fan, and not because I have an allegance to one player over the other. It will be fun to watch. My last words," may the best team win."

0 comments: