CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

"10"


.....and then there were six. All day, I thought about what I could name this blog entry to celebrate the most storied franchise in all of American sports. I thought about the title "Cardinal Knowledge", but there was only one title to describe what I saw this evening, and it is simply "10." Though it was a complete team effort in the end, there was but one who could claim the title of Super Bowl MVP, and this year it was 10 (Santonio Holmes). With but seconds to go, Rothisberger lead his team down the field to find at the end the perfect 10.

I have been a Steelers fan all of my life. I can not think of a game that had greater significance (Tomlin, youngest coach and African-American) and sixth Lombardi Trophy on the line. This year's festivities did not disappoint. From the pre-game show, the first three points of the game, The Boss's kick-ass halftime performance to the trophy presentation, in the final analysis, it was all Pittsburgh.

The Steelers are still in charge.

0 comments: